Sunday, April 8, 2012

Home: Coming back to the same place feels so different.

When you go off to college you have to leave a lot behind. A lot more than you would ever imagine. Went I left to college I left my family, my animals, my house, yard, country-life, and a lot of my memories and happiness. Coming home, everything feels so different. The weather and smells trigger memories you wish you could repeat but something is just not right, the furniture is different. You feel like an intruder in your own home almost. and all you want is someplace that feels like home. Right now, I have a place where I grew up and my mom now lives with her boyfriend and then I have another house where I live with 10 other girls, which I cannot call my own either. Even my friends have all changed at home. Yet, something in this place still feels familiar, its just not the same. But I guess I am not the same person I used to be either.

No comments:

Post a Comment