Wednesday, August 8, 2012

He stole my heart.

I was randomly sitting on craigslist one day and I love checking out the pets section. Well while scrolling through I ran into this post stating if someone didn't take this dog by the morning they were going to put him down! It captivated me right away if there is anything that gets to me it is the unfit death of a animal. Upon opening the post and seeing it was a German Shepherd the kind of dog I was raised with and loved I knew I had to save this poor dog no matter what the costs.

I called my mom right away (even though it was 11:30 at night) and told her about the dog and that he would be some work but there is no way that I could have it on my conscious that I didn't do anything to try and save him. So I talked her into letting me get him because he would have to stay at her house while I tried to find a new place to move into because my current residence wouldn't allow me to have a dog.

So again I found a place on craigslist where they said I could keep him and I was so excited it is a really nice house and the guy is great. The only problem is he also has a Doberman and our dogs don't get along, and of course it is my dogs fault because he is the newcomer so I either have to keep him in my room or in the basement.

He does have some problems, he is scared of the dark, loud noises, bug trucks, storms, and most of all being left alone. He likes to be at my side at all times which I am okay with but I am nervous about when I go to work and have to leave him at home. I know that he gave my mom some problems so I really hope that he doesn't do the same for me.

I don't know what to do if I have to get rid of this dog. He is my life right now and needs me. I don't think he could handle another home switch and I don't think he would connect with anyone as he has with me.  He is really skittish and doesn't like going up to people he doesn't know.  My mom already informed me that if it doesn't work out they won't be taking him and I don't know what to do because I don't think that my roommate is too fond of him but I can't even think of losing him so I guess all that's left to do is pray for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment