Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Home for Christmas

It's crazy how when I left this house, I told myself I was never looking back.  While leaving for college a few years ago I told myself that I was leaving this old town in the dust and shattering the rear-view because I was moving onto bigger and better things.  At that moment in my life, I didn't know that once I left there would be no better feeling than coming back, lying in my bed, hugging my mom, playing with the dogs, seeing the acres I grew to love, and the place that made me the person that I am today.

Every time I come home, I just want to stay here, never to leave.  It's like the stress melts away and I feel comfortable.

This Christmas break has done a lot of good for me. I really needed a break from college and classes, work, my house and all the stresses that comes with those things. It feels so good to relax, and my mom and Chuck are here to help take care of my dog if I want to get away and hang out with friends I haven't seen in a while.

I honestly don't know what I would do without that pup to come home too sometimes. He isn't always an angel, and he has his flaws, but he is always there for me to listen to and to know that I am not alone. It is nice though to have a night off of parental duty.

Home is where the heart is. <3


No comments:

Post a Comment